Weather & emergencies: If Montgomery County Public Schools are cancelled for the day or evening (as applicable), our activities are canceled. However, if school is delayed, our activities are unaffected.
Montgomery Parks Archaeology Program has a similar policy.
ASM Mid-Potomac Chapter, Inc.
ASM Mid-Potomac Chapter, Inc. is a chapter of the Archeological Society of Maryland, Inc. It was established to promote, support and encourage the study, investigations and preservation of archaeology. It is a 501(c)(3) Public Charity, based in Rockville, Montgomery County, Maryland, USA.
In support of the following archaeological objectives, ASM Mid-Potomac Chapter engages in a variety of activities such as workshops, public events, excavations, laboratory work, historical research, planning meetings and field trips.
- To undertake, promote and encourage both school and public educational programs and activities to add to the body of historic and prehistoric archaeological knowledge, especially in Montgomery County, the state of Maryland and elsewhere;
- To locate, investigate and conserve archaeological sites and artifacts by adhering to the “Standards and Guidelines for Archaeological Investigation in Maryland” and encourage the utilization of these standards in educational activities for the public interest;
- To encourage careful, scientific archaeological research and provide public educational programs to foster such investigation;
- To record, preserve and make available to the public, information concerning the archaeology of Montgomery County, the state of Maryland, and elsewhere and exchange such information with other organizations; and
- To assist other organizations and government agencies which promote similar educational and scientific goals of this organization.